Cherry Pineapple Crumble
As I was just enjoying the last piece of leftovers, I was wondering how easy it was to put together this delicious fruity dessert. I made it recently for my son’s birthday party and I can’t wait to make it again. Along with the cake, I wanted to make a simple eggless and light dessert and I hardly had any time on hand. I absolutely liked the idea of making a crumble with pineapple and cherries, both my favorites. The original recipe did not call for pineapple slices but I just added them to double the pineapple flavor. I must add, all it took was 10 minutes of prep time and I was done.
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
1 can pineapple slices
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix – I used Betty Crocker’s
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (I used half, you can add up to 1 cup)
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spoon pineapple evenly over bottom of 9 X 13 pan. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and mix well
3. Cover the pineapple with cherry pie filling
4. Spread a layer of pineapple slices on top
5. Pour the dry cake mix evenly over fruit mixture so that it reaches all sides of the pan.
6. Drizzle entire surface with butter
7. Sprinkle pecans evenly over top
8. Bake until cake is deep brown and a toothpick comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes
9. Let cool and serve with ice cream or whipped cream
I actually refrigerated before serving but I think it tastes even better slightly warmed. Refrigeration hardens the crust and it will taste like upside down pie. If you microwave for few seconds, the crust is more moist and soft and tastes wonderful with cool whipped cream or ice cream. Cold or hot, you will certainly enjoy this tropical treat.
- Peanut Butter Fudge with Pretzels
- Suji Kheer
- White Chocolate and Craisins Haystacks
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Eggless)
- Strawberry Milk Cake Pudding (Eggless)
- Strawberry Cake (Eggless)
- Steamed Date and Sago Pudding (Eggless)
- Eggless Custard
- Easy Coconut Chocolate Fudge
- Pears with caramel sauce