Chipotle Chicken Kebabs
1 lb boneless Chicken pieces – medium sized (I used thigh meat)
1/2 can Chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce (about 3.5 oz – I did use more than this originally!)
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp oil (I used Canola)
2 tsp cumin powder
1.5 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 medium onion, cut in large pieces
1 medium green pepper, cut in large pieces
1 medium red pepper, cut in large pieces
1. Combine everything and make a smooth marinade using in a blender (I used my Magic Bullet)
2. Make deep cuts in the meat.
3. Rub the marinade on the chicken pieces and marinate for about 1 day (I think even 3-4 hours should be sufficient, but I marinated for a day for a more intense flavor). Cover the chicken with remaining marinade – if any left
4. Set your oven to Broil mode. If using wooden/bamboo skewers, soak them in water for few minutes.
5. Thread the vegetables and chicken in skewers-alternating between onions, peppers and chicken.
7. Serve hot on a bed of lettuce salad with salsa and sour cream
This chicken also tastes great with Mexican rice, pita bread or in a sandwich – I will post recipes as I try!