By Heidemarie SwanepoelToday I really did not feel like just a sandwich for a quick lunch. It’s raining, and cold, and I wanted to warm up from the inside. Curry is always just the thing for me. This one is quick and easy.
1 chicken breast
1 small onion
½ – 1 cup boiling water
Salt and pepper to taste
½ teaspoon strong curry powder (or to taste)
1 tablespoon cornflour
1. Bring the eggs to the boil in boiling water. Boil till they are a softish hard boiled egg (approximately 7 minutes, depending on your altitude).
2. In the meantime, fry the chopped onion and the diced chicken in a little oil. Add the salt, pepper and curry powder. Fry for about 6 minutes. Add the water, and bring to the boil. Add the cornflour, and thicken the gravy.
3. Once the eggs are boiled, cool them under running water for a minute. Peel them carefully, and cut in half lengthwise.
4. Add them to the curry, and serve hot with rice or flat bread.
- Hearty Chicken Curry (Slow Cooker Recipe)
- Baked Turkey Seekh Kebabs
- Methi Malai Paneer
- Creamy Pesto Macaroni
- Savoury Hurry-up Muffins
- Toddler Approved Spaghetti with Collard Greens and Broccoli
- Tortellini with roasted vegetables
- Easy Turkey Meatballs
- Chipotle Chicken Kebabs
- Quick Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice