Mediterranean Red Lentil and Pumpkin Soup
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium tomato
2 cups chopped pumpkin
1 cup red lentils
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
salt to taste ( 1 tsp or so)
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker/large pot. Add bay leaf and garlic and fry for few seconds. 2. Add onions and fry until medium brown.
3. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, nutmeg and cook on medium high for about five minutes.
4. Add red lentils, 6-8 cups of water and pressure cook for about 15 minutes. If using a pot, bring to boil and cook on medium for about 30 minutes (until lentils and pumpkin are well cooked and blended with water).
5. If needed, blend the pumpkin with lentils using a ladle.
6. Stir in fresh cilantro, sugar and lemon juice.
Serve hot with bread to make a complete meal.
- Tweets that mention Mediterranean Red Lentil and Pumpkin Soup | Chef In Making — Topsy.com
- Ten good uses for pumpkins | All recipes, all recipes recipies, all the best recepies, recipies all
- Crockpot Cooking and Pumpkin Soup | Pressure Cookers For Canning
- Is an opened white wine safe still for cooking if its in the refrig for 2 or more weeks? | Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- Ma Chole ki Dal (Slow Cooked Split Black lentils and Split Bengal Gram Curry)
- Low Calorie Summer Salad with Couscous and Peanuts
- Suji Kheer
- Basil Pesto and Tomato Sandwich
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Eggless)
- Baked Turkey Seekh Kebabs
- Creamy Pesto Macaroni
- Brown Lentils and Collard Greens Soup
- Toddler Approved Spaghetti with Collard Greens and Broccoli
- Mili-Juli Sabzi (Mixed Vegetable medley with chickpeas)